Off road routes, unique panoramic views and a real taste of Cretan tradition, all merge in one tour, the Explore a Shepherd's Hut and Cheese Making Process in Crete!
Need a break from the crowded beaches? The Rethymnon Tour: Explore a Shepherd's Hut and Cheese Making Process will lead you to a mountain adventure from south to east. Grab a seat in a premium 4x4 Cretan jeep tour and let your guide drive you all the way up to the wild mountainous landscapes, through dense vegetation and picturesque villages. Visit an original shepherd’s hut and taste a shot of raki while the cheese making process is taking place in front of your eyes! Enjoy magnificent panoramic views and end your sightseeing jeep excursion with a real taste of the famous Cretan hospitality!
- Hotel pick and drop off
- Multilingual guides/drivers
- Special equipped 4x4 jeeps (7-9 seated)
- Traditional Cretan lunch with wine
- Liability insurance and local taxes
- Tips/Gratuities for the guide
- Coffee/beers or refreshments in the tavern
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Please let us know for food allergies or special requests eg. vegetarian options.
- It is advisable to bring with you a jacket during spring and autumn.
- Bring along your camera and sun protection.
- During this 117 km route, there will be guided stops every 30-40 minutes for everyone’s convenience.
- The trip is not recommended for people with mobility problems and children under 6 y.o.
- Minor changes to the itinerary might be made due to weather conditions without prior notice.
- Wine consumption is not allowed under 18 y.o.