Join this 8-hour eco-friendly tour through Rethymno to experience Crete like a local! Are you ready for this authentic Cretan experience?
Explore Crete off the beaten track with this eco trip through the Rethymno district. Learn first hand how traditional Greek bread is made in a wooden oven. Master the process of knitting and weaving like a pro and visit the famous monastery, St. George of Discouri. But your eco-friendly tour in Rethymno is not finished there! Continuing your Rethymno eco tour, you’ll visit a “Mitato,” a shepherd’s shelter in the mountains where you’ll enjoy fresh local lamb, charcoaled in the oldest traditional way: “antikristo”. Last but not least on your eco tour through Rethymno, you’ll enjoy some coffee at a «forgotten» village.
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- English & French fluently speaking guide
- Air-conditioned bus transportation
- Tickets for entrance to the wooden museum and the monastery
- Snacks from the bakery
- Full lunch with wine and fruits as dessert
- A lot of raki…and laughs
- Photos & videos sent to you electronically after the tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- A small gift to remember your tour
- Hotel pick-up & drop-off for non-Rethimno district hotels
- Bottled water before the stop to the Shepherd
- Personal expenses
- Kindly note that most of the people that take part in this tour are French-speaking. If English-speaking voyagers would like to take part they should be informed that the guide will be able to explain them a few things in the stops but the tour is mostly in French.